CBM is an international Christian development organisation, committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world. We are currently looking for a Student that can join us at the earliest opportunity as a:
"Working Student (m/f/d) - Project Implementation and Monitoring"
Main objective of the role:
Reporting to the Project Portfolio Manager, the working student will contribute to the team´s overall project and partner-based deliverables during the quarterly and annual office-based finance and administrative CBM-processes in the East Mediterranean Region, primarily in Palestine, Jordan and Egypt. The role will focus on supporting the team members in implementing financial and administrative processes as well as monitoring project progress.
We are looking for someone who will…
- Support team members to fulfill CBM´s accountability and transparency standards in the projects
- Contribute to overseeing the budget process related to the project portfolio
- Support with checking the project progress reports against multi-years plans
- Help to facilitate monitoring and follow up on financial (and if needed programmatic) implementation and administrative processes in line with CBM standards
- Assist with ensuring data management accuracy in Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- Support in the preparation and follow up of partner and project monitoring visits
- Correctly file relevant documents
We are looking for someone who has…
- Relevant university studies in Business Administration, International Development, Project Management or related program study
- Understanding of the regional context (Palestine, Jordan, Egypt)
- Thoroughness with great attention to detail
- A profound result driven and tasks-oriented way of doing things
- A global mindset
- Readiness of mind
- Ability to work under stress
- High proficiency level in spoken and written English
- Knowledge of MS Office and ERP databases (e.g. MS Navision)
- Knowledge of international development cooperation would be advantageous
- Experience in financial or budget process would be an advantage
The future job holder will adhere to CBM’s values and commits to CBM’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy.
CBM encourages persons with disabilities to apply for this position. For further information about CBM’s inclusion policy, please visit our Resources & Publications section at www.cbm.org. If you feel that this role would be a good opportunity for you, we would love to hear from you.
Application deadline: September 30, 2019.
This part time position (19,5 hours per week) enjoys flexible working times for an initial 2 month Fixed Term period to be based in Bensheim, subject to employment and immigration laws in Germany. An extension until December 31, 2019 to be determined subject to budget availability.